Hey ChristyFit Friends,
Want a high protein and fiber combo that is also is easy to prepare after a long day or a fulfilling option the whole family will love? Try my new Cook with Christy dinner this week!
Bison Bites & Sugar Snap Pea Salad
1. For a non-meat option, try a 3-6 ounce veggie burger.
2. Portions are listed in ranges so please choose a portion that is right for you and your goals.
- 3-6 ounces organic, grass-fed Bison
- Dashes of paprika seasoning
- 1/2-2 tbsp low-sugar organic ketchup
- 1/2-2 tbsp organic yellow mustard
- 1/2-2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp olive oil
- Dashes of sea-salt
- Dashes of pepper
- 1/2-1 1/2 cups green cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/8-1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 organic pickles
- 1 La Croix orange beverage
- Pre-heat grill or oven to your heating specifications for the desired Bison taste, adding dashes of paprika for a spike of heat (cooked medium-well is pictured).
- Pre-heat a pan to medium heat or an air fryer to about 360*F.
- Add the sugar-snap peas and top with olive oil and dashes of salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 min, flipping peas occasionally until they are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, steam cabbage as desired until tender.
- On a plate, layer cabbage, then sugar snap peas, then fresh, shredded carrots, and finally, cherry tomatoes with a side pickle.
- Chop bison into small bites and gently pour a side of ketchup and mustard, to taste.
- For an extra zest to your water, try zero calorie La Croix in orange flavor