The holidays are here! We all want to enjoy yummy stuffing and sweet potato casserole (Yes please!) and relax with family and friends. And we should guilt-free! We also know the new year is upon us and so are our most likely lagging goals. Let’s refresh and restart our goal-driven attitudes while also enjoying our holiday feasts. It IS possible to have the best of both worlds but we must earn it. I’m here with you for the next 6 weeks to help set us up for success so we can have a happy and healthy holiday season and ring in the new year better than ever!
PLEASE SHARE these posts with family and friends and and also FOLLOW me on Instagram and Twitter so we can transform over these next 6 weeks together!
My personal holiday goals are to master a handstand and to build more muscle to compete in early 2017 in another NPC Bikini Competition. I’love share my journey and I hope you share yours!
This first week is all about defining our goals and setting our plan in action! Every week for the next 6 weeks, I will add more ways to achieve our goals we created in Week 1 and offer valuable nutrition and workouts specially planned for our holiday deadlines!
Week 1 – Get started!
1. WRITE out your goals for the rest of this year. And notice I didn’t mention thinking about them in your head. Put them in a favorite notebook, type them in your notes tablet, text yourself, stick post-it’s in your car, bedroom door or bathroom mirror. So many options to display your holiday goals!
2. GET SPECIFIC with your goals. A goal is only a distant dream until it’s specified and then actions are taken. Answer these questions to help solidify what you want:
* What health and fitness goals do you want to accomplish by the New Year (pick at least 1)? Ensure these goals can be accomplished in the next 6-8 weeks. Ex. I want to lose 10 lbs.
* When do you want to accomplish these goals? Make sure these timelines are realistic and can be accomplished by January 1. Ex. I want to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks.
* What specific actions are you going to take to accomplish these goals? Ex. I will perform 30 min of cardio 3 x per week for the next 5 weeks.
* How will I overcome obstacles so I can obtain my goal? Ex. I will pack my lunches every day so I don’t need to eat in the workroom cafeteria where I usually choose unhealthy foods.
3. FOLLOW YOUR PLAN! You have written out your goals, specified them and set a deadline. You have also negated obstacles in your path. So what is stopping you? Stay the course these next 6-8 weeks and together, we will ring in the new year healthier and happier with our goals achieved.
For more customized online workouts and nutrition focus and plans anywhere, please email me at email@example.com. Also, please come take a class with me at Orange Theory Fitness in Austin, TX.