With TSA restrictions on common foods and high-cost and usually high-calorie food at the airport, ever wonder what you CAN bring through security to save on money and potential weight gain?
You can enjoy yummy meals and drinks out on your vacation or work trip guilt-free if you plan ahead the rest of the time.
Check out my video below for healthy and tasty options to satisfy those long waits at the gate and throughout your trip without breaking your waistline or bank account. Video below!
1. Package food in plastic bags or foil to prevent spoilage.
2. Bring ice packs as TSA does not allow melted ice cubes through security.
3. Remember your macros: combine a high quality protein with a carbohdrate or fat to ensure a complete meal. For example, baked chicken with a side of baked tortilla chips and fresh green peppers.
4. Sauce it up!: You can add avocado mayo, peanut oil, mustard, ketchup, etc to your meals prior to packaging so TSA accepts it.
5. Purchase water once through security. Staying hydrated is super important to prevent unnecessary cravings and fatigue.