When we think of protein powder, we may imagine a huge-armed, intimidating guy guzzling down his typical protein shake. Thankfully, the power of whey protein is healthy for all adults and children – no huge arms or guzzling needed.
In today’s ChristyFit Friday post, I’m combining a delicious – but not so nutritious – breakfast classic of pancakes and show you how to add nutrition, flavor AND protein powder to create delicious pancakes of which the whole family will approve! Try these before the weekend is up.
*Banana Protein Pancakes*
- Calories: 282 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 36 g
- 1 scoop 100% Whey Protein Powder (For this recipe, I am using Lifetime Fitness brand 100% Whey Protein Vanilla – click HERE and use my code: 89236 at checkout for 10% off!). (I also like Quest Nutrition Banana Cream – can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe or GNC).
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tbsp blue agave syrup (I like Madhava Organic Fair Trade Raw Blue Agave – can be found at Whole Foods).
- 1 packet Stevia in the Raw
- Non-stick spray
- 1/2 cup water
- Place non-stick pan on fryer and turn on medium heat. Lightly coat pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in egg whites and protein powder until mixed and carries a thick consistency.
- Pour into a blender and add water.
- Blend for about 15 seconds and pour mixture onto pan. Chop the 1/2 banana and distribute pieces throughout pancake.
- Turn pancake occasionally until both sides are soft and lightly browned.
- Drizzle on blue agave and stevia and serve.