Paleo and vegetarians alike can rejoice at this delicious and healthy meal at any time of day. It’s definitely a unique combination but it provides a healthy low-fat dose of protein, low-glycemic carbohydrates and fibrous veggies. I tried this for dinner!
Egg and Sweet Potato Scramble with a Lemon-Basil Viniagrette Salad:
Ingredients (Portion sizes may vary)
1. 2 cage-free large eggs
2. 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
3. 1 cup mixed kale, spinach and chard greens
4. Ground cinnamon
5. Pumpkin spice
6. 1 packet Stevia
7. 1 tsp Lemon-Basil Viniagrette or oil dressing of choice
1. Pre-heat an oiled pan on medium heat. Add eggs.
2. When one side of eggs are cooked, place mashed sweet potatoes in center and add dashes of cinnamon, pumpkin spice and 1 packet of stevia.
3. Fold eggs over like a wrap. Flip omelette to cook other side.
3. When omelette is slightly brown, remove from pan and onto plate.
4. Place greens on plate and top with drizzle of dressing.