Want sleek arms, lean legs and a tiny, strong core but you are short on time? Then, try these 5 moves I designed for a full-body workout that will burn calories, enhance your overall strength and save you time.
Move #4: Split Jump Squats With Overhead DB Hold
How To Do It:
1. Standing tall with feet together, toes pointed forward and holding a 5-15 DB overhead, jump upward and land with right leg forward and left leg backward, simultanously bending both legs so knees are parallel to hips. Make sure front knee does not go over toes.
2. Using lower-body strength and core, jump upward and switch legs, maintaining fast tempo.
Try 3-4 sets of 20 total reps.
1. Engages glutes, hamstrings and quads, while burning extra calories from the added intensity of the jump.
2. Works the shoulders isometrically to keep weight overhead.
3. The core is strengthened more by balancing the body throughout the jump since arms are in an isometric hold.
Stay tuned for the final part of the series tomorrow, and please check out my Facebook, Twitter & Instagram pages: @christysiebert for more tips like these!