Choosing Fitness over Instant Gratification PLUS Easy, Healthy Recipe

3 Apr

I must admit today I rationalized with myself the benefits of going to In ‘n Out Burger. “I’ve been eating so well these last few days so I deserve it.”… “Burger and fries taste so much better than my usual boring food.” … “I’m not looking too bad – and my competition is a couple months away.” It is surprising how many rambling thoughts can push us into poor eating and lack of exercise modes. Occasional treats and rest are important to maintain balance; however, noticing our shifts toward unhealthy territory can help us to steer back on track with our goals while still enjoying life.

Instead of veering off course, I thought of how I want to look and feel, the people who are supporting me on this competition journey and how blah! I would feel after eating all those calories and fat. So, I immediately shut down those negative excuses and cooked one of my favorite foods: The Spicy Spinach Omelette. Photo, ingredients and directions are below. If you want more carbohydrates, add a side of 1/2 cup brown rice with a few dashes of pepper. Try this recipe or one of your favorites when you want to stray from your plan.

Spicy Spinach Omelette (with optional Brown Rice):

Ingredients: 6 egg whites or 1 cup liquid egg whites, 2 cups chopped spinach, dashes of ground pepper, dashes of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy, Pam Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray; 1 tbsp ketchup

Directions: Spray pan and pre-heat stove to medium/medium-high heat; add liquid egg whites and let cook until edges are light brown; add spices and spinach; flip over eggs and reduce heat to medium-low/medium; cook until fluffy and lightly brown; place omelette on plate with side of ketchup.

Here is my food in progress:

Spicy Spinach Omelette in Progress

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Choosing Fitness over Instant Gratification PLUS Easy, Healthy Recipe”

1. Kristine April 4, 2013 at 12:14 am #

That’s awesome. It’s definitely not easy to do but we all have those moments. In fact I was having this same convo with myself earlier. I actually feel a little better after reading your post lol. Keep up the good work!

• Christy Siebert April 5, 2013 at 4:54 am #

Thanks Kristine! This does happens to us all, so I’m glad my post helped. Prep is tough but so worth it! I wish you the best in your training too!

2. garcinia cambogia hca reviews May 27, 2013 at 4:03 am #

Thankfulness to my father who told me concerning this blog, this weblog is in
    fact awesome.

3. dailynews1001.blogspot.fr June 16, 2013 at 5:53 am #

Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and
    i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

• Christy Siebert June 16, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

Hi, and thank you for checking out my blog! I’m sorry to hear you are getting spam comments. First, I would check your settings to see if you have them set so you can moderate the comments and choose if you want to approve them. Second, I think I did get a couple spam comments in the beginning but then they stopped. Has this been going on for a long time? If so, I would also check your e-mail settings to see if it blocks spam. I hope that helps!

Christy

4. http://tabletpctestvergleich.de.cubestat.com September 14, 2013 at 10:41 am #

Wow, this article is nice, my sister is analyzing
    these things, thus I am going to tell her.